ERO ReportThe Education Review Office (ERO) visited the school in 2013. This is the government organisation that looks at school performance.
ERO are likely to visit the school again in four-to-five years due to the school meeting the following criteria:
ERO will next review the school in four-to-five years where it finds that the school's curriculum is consistently effective in promoting student learning - engagement, progress and achievement.
High quality performance will be evident and ERO will have no material concerns about the education and safety of students.
Overall, the school will convincingly demonstrate that:
- learners experience a coherent and rich curriculum that provides them with relevant choices and pathways and supports their successful transition through schooling and on to further education and training
- learners are actively engaged in their learning, and are progressing and achieving well; and the progress of priority groups of learners is being accelerated
- Maori learners are actively engaged in their learning, progressing and achieving well and succeeding as Maori
- there is a well-sustained culture of high expectations for students and staff
- a school-wide culture of rigorous critical reflection and self review contributes effectively to sustaining the school's positive performance and continuous improvement
- leadership is highly effective and strategic, and is consistently improving student learning and achievement
- teaching consistently demonstrates high quality practices, makes very good use of student achievement information, and is highly effective in promoting outcomes for learners
- the school has taken all reasonable steps to provide a safe and inclusive environment
- governance is highly effective in self review, direction setting, decision-making and ensuring school accountabilities are met
- the school is highly effective in engaging the community in partnerships for learning and in the life of the school
A copy of the report can be found here - ERO report - Te Totara Primary School.pdf.