EDUCATION REVIEW OFFICE (ERO) REPORT
This is the Government agency that reviews all schools to examine the quality of education provided.
We are delighted with the report about the School and the acknowledgement of the work being done for our children. There are a large number of very positive affirmations about the school and three agreed next steps, to continue on what we are doing.
The School has been placed on a four-five year return visit time frame due to our performance, this is for schools deemed to have the highest quality performance. 15% of Schools have attained this and 8% have achieved this in consecutive reviews. Our School has now achieved a four-five year return time in consecutive reviews.
The criteria that has been used to determine this is.....
ERO will next review the school in four-to-five years where it finds that the school's curriculum is consistently effective in promoting student learning - engagement, progress and achievement.
High quality performance will be evident and ERO will have no material concerns about the education and safety of students.
Overall, the school will convincingly demonstrate that:
- learners experience a coherent and rich curriculum that provides them with relevant choices and pathways and supports their successful transition through schooling and on to further education and training
- learners are actively engaged in their learning, and are progressing and achieving well; and the progress of priority groups of learners is being accelerated
- Maori learners are actively engaged in their learning, progressing and achieving well and succeeding as Maori
- there is a well-sustained culture of high expectations for students and staff
- a school-wide culture of rigorous critical reflection and self review contributes effectively to sustaining the school's positive performance and continuous improvement
- leadership is highly effective and strategic, and is consistently improving student learning and achievement, and is highly effective in promoting outcomes for learners
- teaching consistently demonstrates high quality practices, makes very good use of student achievement information, and is highly effective in promoting outcomes for learners
- the school has taken all reasonable steps to provide a safe and inclusive environment
- governance is highly effective in self review, direction settling, decision-making and ensuring school accountabilities are met
- the school is highly effective in engaging the community in partnerships for learning and in the life of the school
Statistical information 2012-2017
- The Education Review Office (ERO) is the Government organisation that looks at school performance
- Schools are placed on different return times due to their performance, either a 4-5 year return for high quality performance, 3 year return for good performance or 1-2 year return
- 15% of schools had a 4-5 year return time
- 73% of schools had a 3 year return time
- 11% of school had a 1-2 year return time
- 1% of schools had other reviews i.e new schools
- Of those schools with a 4-5 year return time, 8% of total schools had consecutive 4-5 year return times.
Te Totara Primary School has had consecutive 4-5 year return times in 2013 and January 2018.
To view the report visit.........Te Totara ERO Review Jan 2018